Hacking visibility with strategic networking with Michelle Warner
Whether you’re an extrovert or an introvert, it’s an accepted ‘fact’ that networking is the only way to forge relationships with new people. If you want to be a success, you’ve got to get out there, right?
Well, not according to today’s guest, business designer Michelle Warner. She has created an introvert-friendly, awkward-free connection system built for business owners who know that real relationships are better than transactions.
She views business design as a puzzle - the individual parts are what make each business unique, which mirrors what we were talking about last week (listen to Scaling Deep podcast #114: How to make your content stand out in the sea of sameness with Britney Gardner). By investing time to build intentional, real, long-term relationships, you’ll create a network of friends and colleagues who will refer you, have you on their podcasts, collaborate with you and share your work.
I know I got a lot out of this conversation with Michelle - if you want to hear more from her, listen to episode #35 of the Scaling Deep podcast, The value of designing the type of business you actually want to run with Michelle Warner.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Michelle’s take on business relationships and her feelings about networking.
- How studying the science of networking and interactions - as well as Dunbar’s number - helped her to build the science-backed system, Networking That Pays.
- How using these strategies, aligned with marketing and visibility strategies, can have incredible results.
- Why extroverts are not necessarily working strategically.
- How to nurture the contacts you already have and keep them in your network, rather than trying to forge relationships with new people.
- How do you bridge the ‘transactional zone’?
- Help this podcast! Share this episode with one of your business associates and rate and review the Scaling Deep podcast wherever you’re listening now.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge
- Get my Influencer Outreach checklist
- Listen to Episode #35 of the Scaling Deep podcast: The value of designing the type of business you actually want to run with Michelle Warner
- Visit Michelle’s website, and check out her Networking That Pays course
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!