How a 3 word Rebellion can lead to explosive growth
How dialed in is your message? A lot of business owners struggle to put their value and unique proposition into words. Getting clarity about what you do, why how you do it, and why you’re awesome as it is essential. But could you distill your work into a three-word statement that makes people curious, reflective, and excited to act? It sounds like a tall order, but it’s possible – and powerful.
Dr. Michelle Mazur is the founder of Communication Rebel, where she helps entrepreneurs come up with a 3 Word Rebellion that grows their business, expands their influence, and encourages their audience to act. She has a PhD in Communications, is the author of several books, hosts the podcast Rebel Rising, and helps keynote speakers craft impactful messages.
Michelle and I had a really fun conversation about how she discovered the 3 Word Rebellion and what it’s done to transform her business. We talk about why it often feels so hard to get clear on what we want to say and how to say it in the most potent, engaging way. Michelle also shares why the 3 Word Rebellion is particularly memorable for both you and your audience, and how you can thread it through everything that you do & create to make your work both easier and more compelling.
We also chat about the essential components that go into a successful 3 Word Rebellion, why you need to share your message with radical consistency, and how you can incorporate a rant into your message without being overly negative. Michelle also shares what this concept has done for her business and what’s coming up next for her. I’m committing to discovering my own 3 Word Rebellion in 2020 – and if you need some more clarity in your messaging, this episode will be a fascinating listen.
What Mastery means to Michelle:
Mastery means being so expert and accomplished in what you do that it feels natural and easy to you.
3 Word Rebellion – create a one-of-a-kind message that grows your business into a movement.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Michelle discovered the 3 Word Rebellion and developed the concept into what it is today.
- What she did before she reoriented her business around this idea.
- How she combines her PhD in communications, experience with speakers, and 3 Word Rebellion to help people discover their own one-of-a-kind message.
- The crucial components of a successful 3 Word Rebellion.
- Why it can be so hard to come up with your 3 Word Rebellion and how another person can help you see it.
- How to incorporate a “rant” into your message while keeping it positive and engaging (rather than getting too negative).
- How Michelle’s business has shifted since she discovered the 3 Word Rebellion and what’s next for her
Links mentioned in this show
- Dr. Michelle Mazur | Communication Rebel | The Rebel Rising Podcast
- 3 Word Rebellion: Create a One-of-a-Kind Message that Grows Your Business Into a Movement by Dr. Michelle Mazur
- Jennie Nash
- Simon Sinek: Start with Why
- Mel Robbins: The 5-Second Rule
- Tanya Geisler
- Brené Brown
- Rachel Alexandria
- Nancy Duarte
- Maggie Patterson: Scoop Studios
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!