How to make marketing meaningful and feel more like flow than failure
Welcome back to Scaling Deep, everyone! This month is all about marketing, but I think you’ll find that my spin is a little different than what you’re used to hearing.
Marketing can be so much more than the tactics and strategies that most of the online business world focuses on. It can and should be holistic. It should fit into the bigger picture of what your business is doing and it should also be a meaningful way for you to connect with people. Since I believe this is the ideal way for marketing to function, I want to talk about how to make your marketing flow better and feel less like a big risk that is prone to failure.
There are three pillars that make up holistic, effective marketing: a message that is meaningful, showing up with consistency, and evaluating how your marketing is affecting your business. I’m exploring each of these aspects of marketing in today’s episode, and this will set us up for an awesome month of marketing discussions with business owners who are putting these ideas into practice.
I want everybody to be able to show up in the channel(s) that they like and talk about why they love their work. That’s why it’s so essential to dig down into your strengths and the reason you got into business in the first place - this is the best way to connect with people who will love working with you and who you can serve at your highest ability.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why marketing is ultimately about connection and relationships, not spending tons of ad dollars.
- How to bring meaning back into your marketing.
- Why you need to share your message over and over again until you get sick of it.
- How to evaluate the impact your marketing is having on the rest of your business.
- Why consistency is one of the most important pieces of marketing effectively and holistically.
- Why we don’t need to be big online business moguls to connect with plenty of clients who really resonate with what we do.
Links mentioned in this show
- Seth Godin
- Fitness Protection Program
- Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!