2020 wrap up - behind the scenes of my 6 figure consultancy
We made it! 2020 has been quite the rollercoaster for many people, and I’m sure that most of us are looking forward to turning the page & heading into 2021.
I wanted to wrap up this year on the podcast by giving you a look behind the scenes of my own small consulting business. I had a pretty good year, especially with everything going on, but I am even more excited for all the changes I’ll be making in 2021.
I’ll tell you about what really worked in my business this year, what didn’t, and what I’ve learned about my approach to decision-making and growth in my business. We’ll also talk a bit about the actual numbers side of my work, (which I don’t usually track all that closely!) including my expenses, my income and my overall profitability.
My challenge for the new year is to make the same amount while shifting 50% of my revenue over to new offerings so that I’m working more in my zone of genius. If you’ve followed the podcast for a while, you know that money isn’t really my main motivator - I’m more interested in doing work that I love and really helping people. But I want to share this goal & behind-the-scenes look with all of you so that you can go on the journey with me in 2021. I’m going to be sharing a lot more about my business as it grows & changes in real time!
I hope that you have a safe & fun season celebrating the holidays and the New Year. I can’t wait to see you all back here in 2021!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How I’m feeling as 2020 wraps up and why I’m looking ahead to big changes in my business for 2021.
- What I learned about my need to keep moving, trusting my gut & making decisions this year.
- What really worked this year in my business and what didn’t.
- My earnings from January to September 2020 and how they break down in terms of profitability, services, and more.
- Why I want to shift 50% of my revenue in 2021 so I’m working more in my zone of genius.
- How I plan to create my dream business model next year and why I’m more excited than ever about my niche.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!