When it’s time to level up the value chain, focus on your zone of genius & get paid more for what you do
We all want to spend more time in our zone of genius, right? Once you’ve figured out what yours is, it’s natural to want to maximize the impact of your gift on yourself and your clients. But to really take things up a notch, you need to be ready to move up the value chain with your offerings and outcomes.
What do I mean by moving up the value chain? I dive into this in-depth in the episode, but the graphic of logical levels here should help too. Basically it means leveling up the kinds of outcomes you’re delivering for your clients. As you start offering outcomes that are more transformational, more rooted in your zone of genius and more powerful in the lives of your clients, you’re also naturally going to be charging more. And who wouldn’t want all of that?
In this episode I’ll talk you through what a value chain looks like, some of the ways you can raise your prices and which paths require you to step up the level of service you’re providing - without necessarily taking up more of your time. I’ll also cover why you should be considering the lifetime value of your clients if you want to build deeper relationships with them and work together in the long term, as well as how to build up your confidence for moving up the value chain.
I’m so excited to share the ideas in this week’s podcast with you - I’m home recording right after a camping trip with my family and feel like the quick step away from my business gave me the fresh perspective & jolt of energy I needed to tackle this one!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What I mean by moving up the value chain with your clients.
- Three ways to increase the value of your offers and start charging more.
- Why you should pay more attention to the lifetime value of your clients.
- How to understand what level of accomplishment you’re helping your clients achieve now & how to take it to the next level.
- Why I think it’s so important for you and your client that you are focused on selling and delivering outcomes, not just offers.
- How to increase your confidence about moving up the value chain with your clients.
- Why consistent revenue is such an important piece of leveling up your offers
Links mentioned in this show
- Want to design a marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your zone of genius & business model? Download the Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!