Why guest podcasting is your best visibility strategy in 2020 with Brigitte Lyons
Like many of us, my business has been shaken up a bit this year. I was really looking forward to attending a bunch of conferences and connecting with awesome people to grow my business, but of course that had to get pushed back. However, I have been doing a lot more of the next best thing: guesting on other people’s podcasts. I think going on other people’s podcasts is a winning strategy for seriously boosting your visibility this year and beyond.
To talk all about the power of podcast pitching this week we’re joined by Brigitte Lyons, the founder of Podcast Ally. Podcast Ally helps CEOs, authors and thought leaders grow their audiences and get leads by booking podcast interviews on top-rated shows.
Brigitte’s story of coming up with the idea for Podcast Ally is only topped by the big leap she took to make it real. In this episode we dig into why becoming a podcast pitching agency was such a great business move and the excellent results her clients have seen so far. She also describes her business model and what is really working for her employees, her clients, and her own zone of genius.
We also talk about Brigitte’s journey to building this business and, best of all, she shares some really helpful tips for finding the podcasts in your industry that you absolutely need to be pitching.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Brigitte transitioned from courses to a PR agency and finally to her current business, a podcast pitching service.
- Why she hired a full-time employee right off the bat when she established her PR agency.
- How Brigitte decided to take a leap, completely rebrand her business and pivot into exclusively doing podcast pitching for clients.
- The huge revenue and relationship benefits she sees for her clients when they make podcasting a core part of their business strategy.
- What she did to stick the landing as she transitioned into a new type of service.
- Brigitte’s top five podcast pitching shortcuts, including how to dramatically increase the visits to your site after appearing on a podcast.
Links mentioned in this show
- Brigitte Lyons | Podcast Ally | 50 Podcasts that Interview CEOs and Founders
- Want to design a marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your zone of genius & business model? Download the Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!