The downward spiral of wealth comparisonitis and how to stop & focus on what you value
This is the last episode in our Money Month series, and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have. I have found this month’s conversations to be really healing for my relationship with money, and I would love to share my top takeaways with you.
We are always thinking about money in some way, whether we’re excited about some income we have on the way, are stressed about money or some feeling in between. So it’s crucial for us to unpack our beliefs about money and wealth so that we can decide what is really valuable - not just be guided by what other people think is worthwhile.
In this episode I’m sharing some of my favorite lessons from the money experts we’ve hosted this month. We’ll talk about why wealth is relative, why we should stop comparing our ideas about money with other people’s and think about how much we really need to earn to live the life we want.
Next month we’ll be talking all about Deep Marketing, so I hope you’ll stick around for that!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why Money Month has done a lot to shift and improve my relationship to money.
- My top takeaways from this month’s interviews about money, mindset and wealth.
- Why you need to define your own values and money goals instead of relying on what everyone else is going.
- How our attitude toward money is shaped by our childhood - and not just the way our parents raised us.
- Some of the shifts I’ve made around money after thinking about my own wealth mindset.
Links mentioned in this show
- #57: Improving my relationship with money to earn what I need for my balanced life
- #58: Setting up your business and life for financial wellness with Jacquette Timmons
- #59: How to unpack your money mindset for good with Nicole Lewis-Keeber
Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!