How to sprint your way to success by setting work boundaries with Joe Sanok
I’m continuing to think about hustle culture. I’ve pushed hard, been flexible, and worked weekends while establishing myself. So now it feels like I need to start thinking about ways to organize my energy and time.
As we discussed in the recent interview with Cait Donovan, burnout seems to be viewed as almost inevitable these days if we want to achieve our goals. But have you ever considered that you might be able to get the life you want by working less?
My guest today is Joe Sanok, who takes a proactive approach to setting boundaries in his business. As Joe is someone who refuses to work on Fridays or weekends, he could be the work coach you’ve been waiting for!
Now, this isn’t about working less. As Joe points out, it feels good to work and strive for a goal. But working for yourself in your own business shouldn’t have to feel like a job. And working smarter and limiting the time you spend on things that don’t matter can help.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Joe and his family decided to pack up an RV and travel around the country for a year!
- How he can consistently work no more than a four-day week.
- The contradictory messages of most career-based self-help books and how Joe recognized that, when we slow down and allow our brains to optimize, we can do our best work, with examples from his conference, The Slow Down School.
- The need to implement soft and hard boundaries in your work.
- Tactics for learning how and when you work best.
- How to strategically set boundaries so you can work smart while still achieving your goals.
- The three different internal inclinations that top leaders have, and the ability to recognize your own inclinations so that the time you spend working is as efficient as possible.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge
- Visit ScalingDeep.com/coaching to learn about the different ways I can help with your visibility projects including How To Design Your Ideal Membership
- Get my Influencer Outreach checklist
- Joe's 'Practice of the Practice' website and Podcast
- The Practice of the Practice Instagram profile
- Joe’s book, Thursday is the New Friday: How to Work Fewer Hours, Make More Money, and Spend Time Doing What You Want
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!