Grow your prospects with an SEO strategy that gives you authority positioning with Kim Herrington
You’d have to be living under a rock to avoid SEO in the online business world. Most of us know that our site’s performance on Google and other search engines is really important because it affects the traffic to our website. That traffic affects the quality and growth of our audience and, ultimately, the scalability of our business.
But SEO often feels like it’s shrouded in mystery and confusion. Even if you’re like me and you like to go down a rabbit hole researching these things, the technical aspects can get overwhelming quickly. That’s why many of us only need to know the simple, effective basics until we can hire an awesome SEO expert like today’s guest.
Kim Herrington is a SEO and search traffic growth expert for online course creators, service providers and online experts. She helps business owners grow their businesses with sustainable, effective strategies that keep traffic pouring in for years.
Kim shares excellent advice in this episode about how and why SEO has changed and what you need to know about optimizing your site now. We talk about how to brainstorm keywords that your potential clients are actually searching, why you need to consider the competition in your niche before choosing search terms, and strategies for building authority with your desired keywords. Kim and I also talk about what a good SEO professional will do for you and how to avoid the bad ones.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How hard it really is to top Google search results for your industry or niche.
- The key differences between short and long tail keywords and how to strategize around each.
- Why you need to think about the customer journey if you want to brainstorm the most effective keywords your potential clients are using.
- Why you - or your SEO professional - needs to check how difficult it is to rank for the keywords you’re considering.
- How SEO has changed in the past few years to prioritize authority and quality answers, rather than frequent posts.
- What a good monthly SEO person can do for you and why ongoing SEO services are probably a better choice for your business.
Links mentioned in this show
- Kim Herrington | Free guide: Increase Traffic to Finally Scale Easily
- SEM Rush
- Want to design a marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your zone of genius & business model? Download the Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!