What if, instead of wondering if every person you spoke to was going to turn into a client, you just enjoyed the human connection?
My guest this week Rita Barry, helps female entrepreneurs with online businesses, thought leaders & teachers who have online programs measure & optimize their marketing and paid FB advertising management.
She's had her own online business for 10 years!
She switched from web design about three years ago quite naturally because people came to her with pretty sites that weren’t working.
She’s an expert in marketing measurement which is really hard to do yourself and has built her business on her pretty unique and specific skill set. She's part technical analyst and part brand strategist. That is definitely an interesting mix!
Despite all that, much of her success has come down to being a nice person and enjoying working with her clients.
She’s at a place where she really owns how she likes to do business and what works best for her and that’s actually not drinking margaritas at the beach.
She’s accessible, kind and interested.
We talked about a range of factors that lead to her almost unbelievable growth including:
- Lifestyle businesses do mean a lot of work and how shifting from the fantasy mindset of high volume low touch business model mentality back to high-touch, high end offers was so much easier for her.
- The satisfaction of being in the highest service possible to her clients and getting to watch the progression of their businesses.
- Putting herself in rooms with people who she can learn from which actually put her in front of the right kinds of clients.
- Keeping things simple.
- Showing up and being open to what happens without stressing about ROI every single time she speaks to someone.
- Not always worrying if there’s an immediate ROI from this phone call. Enjoying every human interaction instead.
What mastery means to Rita:
Enjoying the process of continual improvement, not arriving at perfection. Whether that's skills related to the technical work I do, the work of building a business or being a parent.
Rita's core message:
Marketing isn't about doing all the things, it's about doing a few things very, very well and testing different approaches to see what works best. No one sized fits all, no magic bullet.
Links mentioned in this show
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!
If have questions about the podcast or suggestions about topics please send me an email at lisa(at)lisaprincic(dot)com. I'll respond to you right away.
Interested in being a guest on Mastery & Message?