How to take a stand against BS sales tactics of online businesses
This is an issue that has been bothering me for a long time. I’ve always been a truth-seeker so it comes as no surprise that something that hasn’t sat well with me is the questionable ethics of the online business industry of influencers and influence.
2020 was obviously a difficult year for everyone, but I hope that one of the positive things to come from this shared experience is a greater sense of honesty and transparency. It allowed different voices to be heard and appreciated in a new way.
A recent personal experience I had fuelled a desire for greater ethical sales tactics in the online business industry. I want to find a solution to the problem - there is hope!
A few issues that the incident brought out were: manipulative sales tactics, “buyer beware” philosophy, empty guarantees, and shame-based tactics.
I believe that the main solution to this problem is real, honest metrics. What are the actual success or satisfaction rates of all clients?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to gain satisfaction in the online business world
- What guarantees we can offer our clients
- What (and what not) to write on sales pages
- How to be a confident virtual business customer
- Suggestions of how the industry could create a “buyers remorse” guarantee, allowing people to try before they buy within a certain timeframe
- How we should be mindful of how we speak to people - and how to deal with the fact that not everyone will give us positive feedback all the time
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!