Grow your business faster by selling authentically to the right people
How do you feel about selling? Do you feel like it’s awkward, pushy, or your least favorite aspect of running a business? It’s so common for entrepreneurs to feel that way, especially if you’re in business largely because you love serving people. Sales is probably not at the top of your list if you fall into that category! Today’s guest Nikki Rausch has great news for us though: sales don’t have to feel this way.
After 25 years of experience selling to prestigious organizations like The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and NASA, Nikki Rausch decided to switch things up and help entrepreneurs sell in a way that builds relationships, creates true connection, and results in more closed deals and long-term clients. Now, as a sales coach, author, speaker and founder of Sales Maven, Nikki transforms the misunderstood process of “selling” into techniques, tools, and tips that can be successfully incorporated into a process replicable by anyone whose livelihood relies on selling a product, a service, or themselves.
This topic and approach is a great fit for our month of Deep Marketing here on the podcast because it’s all about connecting with people in a way that actually resonates. Nikki and I talk about focusing on finding clients who are a right fit and how to tell if someone is going to be a good client for what you offer. We also chat about why people are so uncomfortable with sales, why you shouldn’t critique someone’s business in an attempt to get their business, and how to create curiosity in your audience so that they will seek you out.
And, if you're up for it, Nikki would love to share a free copy of her ebook, Closing the Sale, which will help you uncover why you might be fumbling sales calls and what to do instead.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t take on clients who don’t seem like a right fit for your business.
- Why so many of us feel super uncomfortable with sales and how we can change that.
- How to create curiosity so that people become familiar with you, your work and how you can help them.
- Why you should not critique someone’s business without permission or because you want them to work with you.
- That it’s alright to ask people to wait before working with you if they aren’t ready to throw themselves into your offerings wholeheartedly.
- How Nikki has sold to clients and built a dedicated following.
- Why it’s perfectly fine to share the same message over and over again in your marketing.
Links mentioned in this show
- Nikki Rausch | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
- Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!