How to unpack your money mindset for good with Nicole Lewis-Keeber
We have another great money discussion on the podcast today, and this one even blew my mind a bit! There are a lot of people in the online business world talking about and coaching on money mindset. But sometimes we need to go even deeper than our current mindset and dig into how the past shaped our relationship with money in the first place.
Nicole Lewis-Keeber is a business therapist and mindset coach who works with entrepreneurs to create and nurture healthy relationships with their businesses. She is also a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Masters in Social Work and a rich experience of working as a therapist.
She writes and speaks about the impact of small-t trauma on businesses, but she especially loves combining therapeutic processes with business coaching to help entrepreneurs build emotionally and financially stable businesses.
Nicole and I talk about how she decided to combine business coaching with her background as a therapist and social worker to develop this novel approach. She shares her own journey as a money mindset coach and some of the most common obstacles that entrepreneurs run into when trying to build a business that is financially healthy and also emotionally supportive.
We also discuss the role of our childhood in forming our money mindset and why it’s so important to unpack some of our longest-held beliefs if we want to develop a great relationship with our business. And finally, Nicole shares how your business can be an arena of healing and how she has worked through some of these money mindset obstacles and relationship dynamics as they’ve come up in her own practice.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why Nicole’s clients call her a business therapist and how she helps entrepreneurs.
- What she learned from working as a therapist and social worker that informed her approach to money mindset work.
- How Nicole realized that money isn’t the “bad guy” and started to heal her relationship with it.
- Common obstacles her clients face around money mindset, including a mindset of scarcity or guilt around money that started in childhood.
- How our trauma informs our relationship with money and why this is especially important to address if you have a business.
- Why your business can actually be a place of great healing if you’re willing to dive deep into this work.
Links mentioned in this show
- Nicole Lewis-Keeber | Facebook | Instagram | Medium | Business Relationship Assessment
- #57: Improving my relationship with money to earn what I need for my balanced life
- #58: Setting up your business and life for financial wellness with Jacquette Timmons
- Tapping Into Wealth | Margaret Lynch Raniere
Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!