What makes people buy? How to use hooks to captivate your audience and compel them to take action
For our last episode in Deep Messaging month, I want to talk in-depth about how to craft messaging that compels people to take action. Today we’re talking all about using hooks, which I think is one of the most effective messaging techniques you can use.
There are hooks out there that can feel icky or even obnoxious, and you’ve probably come across them before. But when they are crafted with integrity, hooks incite action in your audience and help them quickly understand your brand values and what they have to gain by working with you.
In this episode, I’m talking about what buying behavior is and how I’ve used hooks to communicate my brand values to my ideal clients more effectively than before. We will also cover why hooks, in particular, are so useful for both you and your prospective clients, some of the varieties of hooks I see out there in the online business world, and how you can start working them into your own messaging.
The past month of conversations about deep messaging has been one of my favorites so far. I learned so much from both Deb Coman and Rachael Kay Albers, and I loved sharing my knowledge about finding your essential messages too.
Next month, we will be diving into operations and how to nurture your clients, so get ready to find out more about the number one factor a business needs to grow.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why I’m on a mission to get more people working with smaller businesses that offer higher-touch, personalized support.
- What buying behavior is and why so many of us get sucked into buying courses that don’t ultimately help move our business forward.
- What hooks are and how they draw on different aspects of buying behavior.
- Some common hooks you’ll see in the online business world and which ones are more effective for smaller, service-based businesses.
- How hooks can help you declare your brand values in a way that makes potential clients feel super clear about the benefits of hiring you.
- Real-world examples of hooks that are working really well.
Links mentioned in this show
- #66: Boosting business resilience with brand messaging that communicates your true value
- #67: Developing a content strategy to support your message & business with Deb Coman
- #68: Start with what you stand against - building a standout brand with Rachael Kay Albers
- Digital Distillery
- Mel Richards of Modern Traction
- Shannon Mattern
- Ready to create brand messaging that attracts ideal clients instantly? Check out the Changemakers Messaging Toolkit and learn to expertly articulate the true value of your brand.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!