It’s the year of the membership program & here’s why
Although I said that I was going to share an episode where I talked through the ways I’m building my own thought leader brand, this episode is more of a sideways (but related!) step. I’m talking today about trends I’ve been noticing in the online business world, especially the skepticism I’ve been feeling about certain practices in marketing (as I discussed in episode 110: The time for transparency and ethics in the online business world is now with Maggie Patterson).
Recently I’ve been thinking about the need for transparency in creating your ethical brand - being true to your values in order to connect with people and grow your business. With everything I’ve been seeing, I’m more convinced than ever that this is the best time to be transparent and genuine as a way to create your brand.
I think memberships are the best way to scale in an ethical way. They enable you to grow and feel confident that you’re being legit and true to your deeply-held beliefs. And because of that, I declare that 2021 is the year of membership.
See if you agree with me. And if you’re listening to this episode the day it is released (February 23, 2021), there’s still time for you to hop over and attend my Profitable Membership Summit (February 23-26).
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Where is the opportunity to run a business with my values intact and still thrive, because it’s what I want to do right now?
- 2020 is a good time to be passionate and excited about work - what else is there to do in a pandemic?!
- How I started my Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge.
- Start small with membership - make it manageable and deliverable, and you’ll be able to deliver deeper value to your members.
- Members can give you a regular income stream and, because they are committed to your values, it can make it easier to move into a more natural sales intention.
- Memberships can help you build a movement which is bigger than yourself - with paying members who believe in what you believe.
- Help this podcast! Share this episode with one of your business associates and rate and review the Scaling Deep podcast wherever you’re listening now.
Running from February 23-26, the Profitable Membership Summit is aimed at coaches, consultants and professionals who want to grow their business through membership programmes. Register for FREE at profitablemembershipsummit.com and check out my All Access and VIP packages.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!