How to manage a team when you’re not a manager with Oxana Romanyuk
As your business grows, you may need to hire an assistant or two (or more) to deliver your service. But if you’re not a natural manager, how do you begin to manage people, especially if your team is made up of remote workers?
My guest today is Oxana Romanyuk. Her company is Remote Rockstars, which provides expert virtual executive assistant services to individuals, entrepreneurs, and small to medium-sized companies nationwide.
Oxana has trained countless virtual assistants and has helped multiple entrepreneurs grow their businesses, reach more people, and impact the world. And I swear that she has one of the best systems for ensuring that VAs and clients are super happy that I’ve heard about!
It was great to talk to her and I gained a lot more confidence about working with my own team. So if you’re growing your business, or if you have a business that depends on hirees to deliver your service, you’re definitely going to get a lot out of this episode.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The story of how Oxana built her Remote Rockstars business.
- Where to find VAs, if you choose to work with one.
- If you’re not naturally a manager, how do you go about managing people in your team?
- How to build a great relationship with your VA, in order that they feel able to be proactive and help to build your business.
- How do we know we are hiring people who want that role and can manage their workload?
- The secret to attracting enough clients to keep your team busy and happy.
From July 2021 (and every three months after that), I’m taking enrolment for my Profitable Membership Club. This is exclusively for women who want to start up a membership scheme or have already set one up but need guidance on how to improve it. I focus more on delivery than sales, as I believe if you get the delivery right, the sales will come.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Do you want to join the growing group of women who lead successful membership programs? Check out my Profitable Membership Club
- Visit ScalingDeep.com/coaching to learn about the different ways I can help with your visibility projects including How To Design Your Ideal Membership
- Visit Remote Rockstars | Follow Remote Rockstars on Instagram and Facebook
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!