How to survive as an extrovert in the world of online business
I have known for a long time that I’m an extrovert. I love people and I get so much energy from connecting with them. When it comes to doing business online, a lot of people think that extroverts like me have an easier time - people assume that extroverts are good at sales and feel super comfortable pitching themselves, so they must breeze through networking, business building, and everything else.
This isn’t my experience and I think that much of online business is actually geared toward introverts. If you’re an introvert and prefer connecting with people through your content, online business can be a dream come true. I think I run into more issues and distractions being an extrovert in the online business world because I really do crave regular connection with like-minded people and have to build that into my life more deliberately.
I wanted to spend an episode busting myths about what it’s like to be an extrovert with an online business and sharing some tips for surviving in what can be an isolating world for us.
First, we’ll clear up what extroversion and introversion are and talk about what each of these people needs to feel energized. Then you’ll hear thoughts and survival tips from some of my fellow extroverts in business: Carrie Hawson, Autumn Witt-Boyd, and Mel Richards.
I hope this episode teaches you a lot about how to cater your business to your personality, whether you’re an extrovert in business or simply know and love them!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What extroversion and introversion actually look like.
- Why I feel so excited and energized after networking with new people, spending time with my clients, or doing other social tasks for my business.
- Common myths about extroverts and online business that I think are important to bust.
- Why it isn’t necessarily easy for extroverts to thrive in the online business world.
- Some tips on surviving on an extrovert online, including setting aside time for coffee chats and connecting with your business bestie regularly.
- Why sales is not just for extroverts.
- How to lean into your extroverted business strengths without skipping over other necessary business skills.
Links mentioned in this show
- Carrie Hawson | The Process Pixie | Schedule a 30-min coffee chat with Carrie!
- Autumn Witt-Boyd | AWB Firm | Autumn’s episode on the Scaling Deep Podcast
- Melanie Richards | Modern Traction | Mel’s episode on the Scaling Deep Podcast
- Want to design a marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your zone of genius & business model? Download the Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!