Entrepreneurial therapy days to soothe your soul and set you up for success
Don’t you ever need to give yourself a bit of a break? Some self-love or a bit of space to shift your perspective.
When I am working really hard and on a mission to achieve immediate goals, I really go for it. I have to, right? I am an entrepreneur and to be one it requires bold tenacity. Tenacity that doesn’t quit easily or get held back by setbacks. As exciting as it is to be in that place, it’s hard to sustain for months on end. Life creeps in. For me, it often comes in the form of dark rainy skies.
I’ll admit that I spent a good hour of time this morning when I should have been writing searching travel sites. I have been inspired and focused for 6 weeks straight, connecting with people, signing on new clients and forging new partnerships. It’s been an exciting time. However, like all positive runs, things settle a little. We get comfortable, aren’t feeling as inspired by the same results, feel tired from all the energy expended, doubts of all kinds can creep in. I have probably felt a little of all of those in the last week.
So today, instead of getting excited to get down to work, I looked up travel sites and started getting a little down on myself. Sound familiar? It should, because we all do that!
We beat ourselves up when we don’t have the same energy as we felt yesterday or last week and we become worried that we are losing our edge.
That’s not the way to deal with it. It’s exactly the opposite of what it will take to put you in a better headspace.
When entrepreneurs being reaching their limits they need a does of entrepreneurial therapy. What that looks like is different for everyone. I often start by indulging in thoughts of sunny destinations, move towards mentors – watching powerful videos and reading inspirational posts, check in to my support network and schedule in some exercise.
It doesn’t take a trip, or a spa visit or a shopping spree to get out of the not-so-productive headspace you might be in.
Entrepreneurial therapy can be much simpler than that. Here is a good process to follow:
- Recognize and acknowledge how you are feeling. You can’t change what you don’t recognize.
- Accept that it’s okay to feel this way. This will release you from the shame and disappointment you may be experiencing.
- Indulge a little. Allow yourself to search for an escape for a few minutes. Taking a break every hour will give you a fresh start.
- If you can, take a break, take the whole day off to re-energize. If not:
- Find your mentors/supporters. I mean awesome supporters, people who can provide you with reassurance that you are on the right track.
- Get close and personal with your goals again. Do you have really specific ones? So specific that you can do something immediately about them.
- Visualize yourself with those goals and indulging in your reward for achieving them.
- Take action towards your goals. Call a prospect, write a post, finish that report, put in that order. Do something you know is important to do.
And if you are looking for that support, join my Soul Strategy Collective – objective business strategy for all!
Lisa Princic is a Business Strategist & Membership Expert who helps thought leaders & niche experts build wildly successful memberships. She's dedicated to helping impact-driven entrepreneurs scale their businesses with powerful positioning and profitable programs designed around their zone of genius. A staunch believer in simplicity and intention, Lisa helps her clients accomplish their goals by focusing on what to do AND what to ignore.