Positioning yourself & communicating like a pro
If you’ve been hanging out with me on the podcast for a while, you know that positioning yourself well is one of the most fundamental things you can do to boost your business.
Positioning yourself correctly and, on top of that, communicating clearly, consistently, and with engaging content, are non-negotiables in the world of online business. On this week’s episode, we have a guest who has mastered both of these aspects of entrepreneurship and built a seriously interesting and thriving brand.
Today I’m chatting with Tarzan Kay, a copy expert and email marketer who specializes in helping entrepreneurs launch online courses.
She’s recently switched from copywriting for clients in a done-for-you model to collaborating more closely with them in a done-with-you model, which gives her clients a more in-depth, strategic understanding of how to create and engage their audiences.
Tarzan is incredibly fun and generous with her advice as she tells us how she built her business and navigates the transitions of scaling her company.
She talks about why she’s switched to a more collaborative business model as she’s grown and how delegating some of the key tasks in her business has freed her up to do more visionary work.
Tarzan also chats about the common mindset blocks that keep people from writing emails to their list, and why it’s important to show up consistently no matter what channel you’re on.
We also talk about how important strategic partnerships have been as Tarzan has built her business and why they’re key for most online entrepreneurs. She shares how her relationships with big names and experts in her field has allowed her to not only build her own image (on top of, of course, doing amazing work) but also to help entrepreneurs that have come after her.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why Tarzan decided to make the switch from a copywriting done-for-you model to a done-with-you model
- How common mindset blocks about writing prevent too many entrepreneurs from showing up consistently with email (and other channels).
- Why it’s important not to hire a copywriter when you’re at the very, very beginning of your business.
- How and why Tarzan repurposes her most interesting, engaging emails as content in different places.
- How she’s overcome the practical and mindset aspects of delegating many of the tasks in her business so she could focus on more visionary work.
- How Tarzan became a micro-celebrity in her niche thanks to strategic partnerships and investing in great branding.
Links mentioned in this show
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!