Save or spend? Deciding how and when to invest in your business with Danielle Hayden
As the year winds down, a lot of us find ourselves thinking about money - whether you’re spending on holiday gifts, preparing for tax season or just envisioning how your business is going to change in the next year.
I had some great conversations about money and mindset back in February, but as 2020 draws to a close I’m finding myself in a different financial position and wanting to make the most of investments in myself and my business. So I was more than ready for this conversation with the fantastic Danielle Hayden.
Danielle is a reformed corporate CFO who is on a mission to help rule-breaking female entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits. After spending 10+ years in the boardroom as a corporate finance officer, Danielle is now the co-owner of Kickstart Accounting, Inc. where she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and education.
We had an awesome conversation about how & when to invest in your business and what service entrepreneurs especially should keep in mind. Danielle talks about some of the common roadblocks that prevent business owners from paying themselves, the opportunity cost of not investing in yourself and why she helps her clients come up with 3-5 year strategies for their businesses. She also shares some wisdom from her own business journey, including creating processes that allow her to have a better work-life balance.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why I think finding accountability and support is going to be one of the most important things you do for your business in the new year (and how I can help!).
- How Danielle found her way to entrepreneurship after working as a corporate CFO.
- What you should consider when you want to make investments in your service business.
- Whether or not you’re missing out on opportunities when you don’t pay yourself as the business owner.
- Why Danielle has personal goals that underpin all of her business decisions & keep her committed.
- How you can invest in your business even if your goal isn’t to grow your revenue.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Danielle Hayden | Profit Planner Bookkeeping | Facebook | Instagram
- Free financial goal setting worksheet
- Danielle’s offering Scaling Deep listeners a one-year intro rate for bookkeeping services through Kickstart Accounting starting at $99/month (depending on revenue size)! To see if you’re a good fit, you can schedule a call and share the podcast name to claim the offer.
- Setting up your business and life for financial wellness with Jacquette Timmons
- How to unpack your money mindset for good with Nicole Lewis-Keeber
- The Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!