Should you write a business book to grow your visibility with Rachel Beider
As you plan out your visibility activities, you might think that the idea of writing a book is a pretty dramatic way of raising your profile. But that’s exactly what my guest today did.
Rachel Beider has forged a career which includes running her own massage therapy business (with over $10 million in lifetime sales), offering consultation to other wellness businesses and writing two books to date. By doing all of these things she has positioned herself as a thought leader in her field.
In our conversation we talk about how Rachel views her books, not as the end product (or even as a money-making endeavour), but as a visibility project, a way to generate leads and establish her brand.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- A quick recap of Rachel’s story (previously featured on Episode 42 of the Scaling Deep podcast: Scaling-up Using Your Superpower with Rachel Beider) and how COVID and parenthood impacted her business.
- How she has combated decision fatigue by leaning on trusted confidantes and learning to delegate within her business.
- Why Rachel thinks that anxiety is her superpower and how it has led to all of the major decisions in her business - and how the way that she looks at risk enables her to take quick action.
- The story of how Rachel fell into coaching when she completed her five-year business plan in six months.
- Rachel's three big takeaways from writing her second book, "Massage MBA: Run Your Practice, Love Your Life", and how it was written at a point of great personal vulnerability.
- How identifying her target audience enabled Rachel to write the book - what did she want them to learn by reading it?
- The way that Rachel uses her personal stories in her books, and how these are the things which make her interesting to media sources, rather than the specific subjects of her books.
- Rachels' plans for the future.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge
- Get my Influencer Outreach checklist
- Listen to Episode #42 of the Scaling Deep podcast: Scaling-up Using Your Superpower with Rachel Beider
- Visit Rachel’s website, and follow her on Instagram
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!