How we get ourselves into and out of burnout syndrome with Cait Donovon
In all of my professional life, I have been lucky enough to avoid instances of burnout. However, immediately after my Profitable Membership Summit, I hit a wall of all-encompassing physical and mental fatigue that I now recognise as classic burnout.
What is burnout? How can you recognise it in the future? Does it mean that you need to scale back on what you want to achieve with your professional life? Or can awareness of your trigger points mean that you can learn to work smarter and still achieve your business goals?
My guest today is Cait Donovan, an acupuncturist and burnout recovery specialist. She is also the host of FRIED: The Burnout Podcast and the author of The Bouncebackability Factor: End Burnout, Gain Resilience, And Change The World.
In this conversation, we talk about her first experience of burnout when living and working in Poland, how she now coaches people to recognise their own warning signs, and why resentment, rather than stress, is the big red flag to look out for.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Cait’s first experience of burnout led to a two-year recovery journey and a change of focus - from acupuncture to blogging, writing and life coaching.
- Cait’s realisation that “No matter how much internal work you do, your external world matters.”
- The physical and neurological manifestations of burnout, and how it is not solely about working too hard - like resilience, it consists of lots of different factors.
- How to recognise the main signs of burnout.
- How Cait can coach people to recover from burnout and why there are no quick solutions!
- Cait’s campaign against burnout culture and the online business world’s hustle mindset.
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Scaling Deep Marketing Lounge
- Visit ScalingDeep.com/coaching to learn about the different ways I can help with your visibility projects including How To Design Your Ideal Membership
- Get my Influencer Outreach checklist
- Cait Donovan website and follow Cait on Instagram
- Listen to FRIED: The Burnout Podcast
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!