How to perfectly pitch yourself with podcast visibility strategist Angie Trueblood
One aspect of deep marketing I’ve come to really love is podcasting. I think having a podcast and appearing on other podcasts has been one of the very best marketing strategies for me and my business - I enjoy the process, people get to know me and my approach intimately and I’ve had clients find me directly from my podcast presence. A lot of other entrepreneurs have picked up on the power of podcasting too, but a common obstacle is the pitching process.
To dive deep into pitching yourself to podcasts, we’re chatting with the fantastic Angie Trueblood. Angie is a podcast visibility strategist who helps business owners increase their reach by pitching themselves to podcasts, big and small. She uses podcasting to grow her own business too, so she’s perfectly placed to tell us how podcasting can help you form deep relationships with your peers and create a consistent stream of quality clients.
Angie and I discuss how she got into this business, why she decided to focus her pitching efforts on podcasts and some of the strategies she’s used to get herself and her clients on shows with the right audiences. We also dig into choosing the right marketing strategy for you and your business and why you need to track data about the marketing that really works for your business model. Angie also talks about the podcast pitching strategy she uses with her clients and how they test messaging, audience size and other aspects of podcasts that drive her clients’ success.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Angie has used her natural abilities as a superconnector in developing her business.
- How to connect with people in media to spread the word about your work.
- Why you should focus on building relationships and providing something of real value to other people’s audiences.
- Why you should be tracking how and where people find you and which marketing techniques are both enjoyable and effective for you.
- Why Angie loves pitching to smaller shows.
- The pitching strategy she uses with her clients to figure out where their message is landing best.
Links mentioned in this show
- Angie Trueblood | Go Pitch Yourself Podcast | Instagram | Facebook | Facebook Group
- Pretty Links
- Grab Angie’s free Roadmap to Podcast Pitching Success
- Ready to build your Noticeable Brand? Download my 5-step framework for building a brand that can’t be ignored.
Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!