Building your content & marketing strategy to grow your tribe one by one with Abby Herman
Since we’re talking about deep marketing this month, I wanted to invite someone on the show who’s had success with one of the deepest marketing strategies you could think of - building an audience one-by-one.
Relationships are the real core of marketing, but to literally connect with people one at a time is taking things to the next level. Today we’re joined by Abby Herman, who has employed this approach to great success in her business.
Abby Herman is a content strategist and consultant at her company Write Solutions. She helps service-based business owners market themselves online and get the visibility they need to grow their business.
She gives one-on-one support and also runs a membership community called Content Mastery Lab, where she helps members figure out what their audience wants, what they need to hear, where they need to hear it and what content will help business owners meet their goals.
In this conversation, Abby and I chat about her approach to messaging, writing and content marketing. We talk about the process of figuring out what your clients want and what they need to know so they can make a great purchasing decision when hiring you. Abby also discusses why she prefers building long-term relationships to mass marketing and how those relationships have benefitted her business.
And we talk a bit about positioning yourself and your business so you can attract more of the clients you love to work with the most.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The process Abby uses to figure out what content strategy will work well for her clients and herself.
- Why you need to survey your audience about what they want and where they hang out online.
- Why Abby doesn’t recommend emailing your entire list if you want to find out what your ideal clients want.
- How to decide which channel is the best place for you to publish your content and connect with your audience.
- How Abby has invited some of her clients and peers she’s built relationships with to work with her more closely.
- Why you need to market yourself in a way that’s comfortable for you and invest in the long game of your marketing strategy.
Links mentioned in this show
Want to figure out the marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your business model? Download my brand new Scaling Deep Marketing Roadmap! It’s designed to help you make great decisions in your marketing, waste less time, and create a marketing plan that will get you consistent results.
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcast
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I'd like to encourage you to do that right now. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding an in-depth interview with personable business owners who are still in the trenches so the learning is current.
Now if you’re feeling extra connected to what we've shared, I would LOVE it if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also giving me great feedback on how I'm doing. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what part of the podcast moved you. Thanks so much!